You can install the Chirripo Proxy to access chirripo sites using domain names.
In order to use it, you should follow these instructions:
- Install either globally (
composer global require chirripo/chirripo-proxy) or by using cgr (
- Now the
chirripo-proxy binary is available globally. Make sure your global vendor binaries directory is in your $PATH environment variable, you can get its location with the following command:
php composer.phar global config bin-dir --absolute
- Use Chirripo proxy by simply invoking
chirripo-proxy from any folder
- If you have Chirripo launcher installed; you can also invoke proxy from it with
chirripo proxy-up and
chirripo proxy-down commands.
- By default, the proxy will need ports 80 & 8085 to run.
- Set VIRTUAL_HOST variable in your Chirripo managed project like this:
- Restart your Chirripo containers with the following containers:
- Start proxy by running
- Add hosts entries to your hosts file (/etc/hosts for Linux/Mac) like this:
127.0.0.1 mycoolproject.docker varnish.mycoolproject.docker mailhog.mycoolproject.docker solr.mycoolproject.docker
You can also use
hosts command from chirripo to get this line.
- Access your site at url set in VIRTUAL_HOST variable. You can also access the optional services at the above domains if the services are enabled.
- Stop proxy by running
If you need to change the ports, you should define
CHIRRIPO_PROXY_DASHBOARD_PORT variables when running the proxy commands. Example:
CHIRRIPO_PROXY_PORT=80 CHIRRIPO_PROXY_SECURE_PORT=443 CHIRRIPO_PROXY_DASHBOARD_PORT=8085 chirripo-proxy up
Or, if using the launcher:
CHIRRIPO_PROXY_PORT=80 CHIRRIPO_PROXY_SECURE_PORT=443 CHIRRIPO_PROXY_DASHBOARD_PORT=8085 chirripo proxy-up